Tuesday, July 03, 2012

So close...

Well then. Spent all weekend at the lake visiting Dad, mostly editing and proofing the thesis. All bloody weekend. Thankfully the weather was not conducive to fishing so I don't feel too let down, but I worked hard. Barely got outside at all. Not quite enough relaxing but I am proud to say I have a final FINAL proof for my thesis. And it turns out I am very proud of it. My anal retentive supervisor is going over it once more this evening and if all is well (it damn well better be) I can send it to committee tomorrow before I take a few days off and head out to Astral Harvest for a few days of dancing in the woods with great music and old friends. I need to blow off some steam before I explode.
I am trying very hard not to worry and am crossing my fingers that everything is fine so it will be in to the committee and off my hands. I have been burned a LOT as of late, thesis wise, so I can't really relax until my thesis is submitted and in. After that whatever the hell the university does with it and when I defend are in their court. I've done my part. I've been promised a defense in the last week of August and I am expecting it.
Since I'm leaving the damn province on thursday for a few days my supervisor still wanted to do a once over of the thesis before I send it off (grrr... SO picky) I wanted to have tomorrow to make any changes he finds (which I'm sure there will be at least a few) and then send it off. Knock on wood that he will only have minor things and it will be off to my revisors. When I handed over the printed copy today I felt very proud. It  really looks good. It reads well. I went over it line by line with a fine toothed comb. I debated phrasing...I gave it my best efforts. Its probably one of the best things I've done and I really don't feel as though it could be any better than it is...so I am happy. I've seen a draft of my contribution to the greater good is real and in print...all 126 pages of it :)

Now just trying to relax a bit, try and cheer up my man and plan a bit for what to take camping and maybe a movie. I am supposed to be off work this week after all...

No comments:

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...