Monday, June 18, 2012

don't be shocked by the tone of my voice

He hee. My 3 year old niece Lily can't quite put together father's day in her head yet. She figured it's a party with cake, so it has to be a birthday. She proceeded to wake up J's brother by wishing him happy birthday, and then wished all of *us* happy birthday too at the family BBQ we had sunday. We all just smiled and ate cake. It works  :)
Got to be a real human bean this weekend after a lot of thesis slavery. I am currently waiting for revisions from both supervisors now, so it was a busy fun weekend of things I wanted to do. Even got to bake up a storm on sunday to use up my giant rhubarb plant in the back yard...it was nice. I have some rhubarb matrimony cake for everyone at work today too...yum...
Just have to keep it together a little while longer and Mt. Thesis will be through revisions and on to the panel for their review before defence. With any luck it will be in before I take a week off to visit Dad and go to a music festival in the beginning of July. It all comes down to how crazy my one supervisor is. She is utterly unpredictable. And I hope she just reigns in the crazy so I can meet my deadlines. I am waiting to hear who my external reviewer will be and when they can be available for reviewing...
Because I want to defend and be done with this mess. I don't care if it's perfect. I'll settle for adequate.
Then maybe take a week off and sleep.
Oh to dream...

No comments:

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...