Friday, June 01, 2012

family


A week of hard work and another late night of errands and cleaning and bit of thesis work. Not as much as I'd wanted, but some. It will come. The house and yard are acceptable for my family invasion, and more importantly - there are muffins. My knee still aches from the random thing I did to it on monday so I slept in today and skipped working out (honestly have no idea how I hurt it -I climb a mountain with no issues and then come home to instant random knee twinge from daily life??). Now I am stuck trying to focus until I can head home and spend lots of time with my family. They'll arrive on the plane and Dad will meet them and bring them home right when I get home. My whole family. 
Yay. *kermit hands*
J always smiles when my whole family is together. He is always slightly in awe of the strength and closeness of my family...more because sometimes his can be a gong show of weirdness. My family? Well...no we aren't normal, but I grew up with us all together laughing and enjoying time as a whole. Dad was a teacher and so we spent summers off at the lake all together...and it's been a long time since the whole has been gathered.  I've grabbed some wine and hopefully they'll all fit in our house!
Meep. :)
I hate that I'll likely have to hide for 2 or 3 hours on saturday and work on my thesis (and work on it all sunday after they leave...*sigh*) as I have to meet with my Toronto supervisor and hand in my edited conclusion section here on monday, but I will make it all happen even if I pull an all nighter. My family visiting was a happy surprise and I really can't wait to see everyone, even for just  a few days. They are here at my place until sunday when they go up to visit dad for a week at the lake. I had hoped that I and J, and maybe my brother, could get away to be up at the lake with them, but it just won't work right now with life being it's crazy self. Even so - I am so glad to everyone, even for a little bit (besides - I don't think we'd all fit anyways!). They live in Ontario and last time we were all together was Mum's memorial almost 2 years ago. I look forward to much more laughter and smiles. My sis and her hubby look after 4 foster kids and this is their first family holiday in almost two years, and maybe the last one with all their kids together, since my niece and nephew are in their 20s now (wow my sis is 10 years older than me but that made me feel OLD to write!) My gorgeous niece is in university now and my nephew is married and a new dad - and I get to meet my little great nephew tonight! 
Meep.
Man, I am SO excited. I am looking forward to an evening of visiting in the house and sitting out on the deck. No real plans yet, just visiting. I admit, I am determined that not even my brother's wife (who is an emotional handful and can be very challenging, especially if things don't go her way or aren't planned to the minutia) will interfere with the weekend. I can't wait to get home!! :)
Hope you all have a great weekend!

2 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

Sounds like you are going to have a fabulous weekend!
Love it.

Anonymous said...

I think J's family sounds more like mine. :-)

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...