Tuesday, October 19, 2010

It is good to be home

I had a great weekend in Toronto. I learned a lot and had a great visit with some old friends I haven't seen in a long time. I managed (barely) to not miss my flight home, and altho it was fun to be on my own in a big city, stay in a hotel room with a king sized bed all to myself (!!!), use a hotel gym while looking at the city night skyline and eat delicious sushi and sip elderflower pear cider (and find out just why Krispie Kreme donuts are such a big deal) I am so glad to be home.
I've been so busy lately that it was nice to just unwind and "be" for a bit after the long days of work at the meetings were over. And yes, sap that I am, I really missed J. I like going exploring in new places with J...and finally having some time for me made it painfully obvious that he wasn't there with me. It was good to see his smiling face when I got home.
I'm back home to regular life again, but I'm hoping things will let off a bit and life will be slightly more normal this week. From all of this I am encouraged in my life that I'm doing good...not just for me but for others. I'm healthy, and for the first time in ages I feel like all this hard work might be worth it. I've realised again what matters and that in the end knowledge, love and good friends are at the top of what I need to be happy. Whether or not someone slipped something in my coffee in Toronto, I'll take it. :)

Happy Tuesday everybody.

No comments:

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...