Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Back into that groove...

This morning was day 2 of get my butt out of bed and work out in the mornings. It's been long enough and I am well (months...heh...*cough*) healed from my knee injury in the summer so I have no excuse not to, other than that my bed is really comfy and I like to sleep :). These things are still true, but I need this. With winter comes the stuck inside never see the sun blahs and workouts go a long way to help fight this. I also have a bit of a sneaky thing...I'm trying to organise the part of the basement where the elliptical is (we started moving it upstairs ages ago and then stopped...it's chaos). I can't ignore it if I'm down there all the time. I've already attacked it a bit last night and it looks a lot better...
Plus, I'm trying to organise my time schedules as next year will be far more busy, and I want to make sure I've got my exercise put in my daily schedule as a part of that. I'm even looking at trying to do meal planning to cut the stress. I too quickly put myself aside when I get busy. This is one way to make sure I put my needs up there with the rest of things in life. I know I deal with stress better when I workout too, so this can only be a good thing.
I can't really say getting up at 5:15 is a good thing, but the way I feel afterwards definitely is.I've got the odd random muscle aches that show me I've pushed myself a bit yesterday,and today I got howled at by t a cat on the bookshelf as I worked out on the elliptical. I'm even eating breakfast.
I know. Crazy.
I've been trying to find kick-ass music I haven't heard in ages to get me motivated while I workout. This morning was Ganga Giri - an electronic group that uses digitally modified didgeridoo. I saw them live last summer at Shambhala...and their music is great. It's my workout track of the week. I couldn't find a video, but because the Internet is so great, here's a clip from that actual show.


Hope you all have a fantastic day. I have another nail biting adrenaline pumped day full of data entry ahead of me.
Woo.

5 comments:

grapecat said...

what time do you go to bed that allows you to function at 515 in the morning???

Geosomin said...

Oh...10 ish.
Heh..and part of the charm of working out then is mentally, I can't quite dislike it as I"m not entirely awake for all of it :)

grapecat said...

hmmmm. I'm a 8.5 hours of sleep a night woman myself, and getting up in the morning is bad enough without adding exercise to the list! I am thinking about starting running in the evening though..*sigh* "wherefore art thou, metabolism????"

Geosomin said...

I find the more you do the more energy you have. It's crazy. I'm dog tired in themornings no matter when I get up, so once I have it in my head that I'm getting up it's not so bad.
I do reserve the right to sleep into rediculous o'clock on saturdays though or have weekend naps when I need it. It charges up my batteries again. Sundays too if I can get away with it...
Running outside is nice...I wish I still had that option. Inside workouts can get pretty boring sometimes.

Captain Chlorophyll said...

Why do you get up so late? ;)

Grapecat: I go to bed at 8:30 so I can get up at 4:30 to work out before work. (I'm get to the office between 6:30 and 6:45.)

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...