Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Whew!

So close...we are nearly nearly done painting. I can hardly believe it.

*grin*

Sunday and monday were hardcore get up early and paint like a nutter days. It nearly rained sunday which would have screwed it all up, but luckily it just spit a bit and stopped, so the painting could keep going. If it weren't for a family supper last night we'd be finished.
As it is, all that is left is a second coat on the little bit of purple on the front of the house, as well as the mailbox and the metal sun that is for the front of the house. About an hour left...not too shabby. I had to laugh as we ordered in chinese on sunday and the guy couldn't find the house at first as we'd taken down the house numbers to paint...heh...oops. We realised we'll have to find some new ones pretty quick. J's brother works with aluminum so we might ask him to cut out some numbers for us at the shop this week. Then we could design them however we'd want...we're thinking big and blocky, kinda like the old space 1999 numbers.

I have to say, I'm so impressed with the way it turned out. We did good! It looks really good, and we've already gotten random compliments on the purple from people walking by :). Our neighbors were out doing renos too, so we got to chat with them while working...made the time go by faster.
It's odd- we rented 15 feet of scaffolding as J figured it would make it easier for me than teetering on a ladder, but it was so huge, heavy and bulky that in the end only used one layer of it and then teetered all over on the ladders of varying heights as we would have had to take it apart and move it 3 times...WAY too much work. In the end, J was the official "hold the ladder so I don't die" person while I scampered up and down and all over the place and we got it done. I'm so proud of this - it was a lot of work, but we did it. It sure takes a lot out of you to work that hard, but it's very satisfying to look at it and think "Wow. I did that".

Last night I was so tired could have gone to bed right after supper :) Today I'm still tired and a bit stiff, but I'll live I think . I'm taking the afternoon off work to take back the scaffolding and finish the last of the purple painting while it's still nice out. I've come to realise that the weather forecast is utterly meaningless, so I'll just take what I can get and finish up the painting today while the weather holds, as I don't know when I'll get to it otherwise.

The front door is already a fine deep purple.
Yay.

3 comments:

Magnus said...

Paint your door deep purple and it may just lead to a bunch of potheads jamming to "Smoke on the Water" in the front of your house.

Missicat said...

We need pics of the purple door!

the Bag Lady said...

Purple front door!! Way cool!!

Huckleberry pie - use the same recipe as for blueberry pie, but cut down on the sugar a little.
4 cups huckleberries
3/4 cup sugar
3 Tbsp flour
dash cinnamon
dash salt
splash of lemon juice
Pastry for double crust pie
Mix berries with sugar, flour, cin., salt - pour into crust. Add lemon juice, dot with butter. Cover with top crust. Cut slits for steam to escape.
Bake at 400F for 35 - 40 min.

YUMMMMMMMM!!!!!

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...