Saturday, September 12, 2009

Our house is a very very very fine house

Ah!
Since finishing the painting I've been going outside occasionally to just grin and look at my door...so I thought I'd pop up a photo of it so you all can grin too. Gaze upon the purple :)


I have attacked the yard for the entire afternoon and I've finally just stopped for a bite to eat and some honey brown ale. There's about an hour of weeding left, but I'm creaking and quite stiff after mowing and snipping and trimming and then weeding for many many hours...so I'll leave it for tomorrow. At least now if the neighbors ignore the middle right section of the yard, overall it looks MUCH better. Like people live here and everything! Amazing what removing a garbage bag full of weeds will do...who knew the vines could hide so many weeds? Phew. They're so pretty when they're here...I miss them when the leaves go off in the fall...

And now my good peeps I believe I will amble off to find a decent book or film and creak away the evening with a beer. My J is off doing mobile video all evening, so I am free to watch whatever I please...hmmm...wonder what I'll end up with...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, I want that door! My doors in my old house are a pretty blue. Not dark blue or pale blue, but a pretty eggshell blue.

Hilary said...

Your door would match my interior walls. They're pretty much the same colour, only dulled down a bit. It sure is an eye-catcher. :)

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...