Sunday, May 17, 2009

Ah!

We just spent the day getting the deck ready for summer...all is pressure washed/mopped/whathaveyou and the furniture is all clean. As a bonus, J's aunt gave us their BBQ when they moved (along with a bunch of wine - woot) so we can actually barbecue, not just gently warm things on our crappy old bbq.
These are exciting times.

After a trip to the store I am all set for some tasty shishkebabs, tin foil potatoes and a beer. Then some more relaxing. Our neighbors invited us over to say hi for a bit...might go on over and visit...all I know is it's a day of "ah!" with another to follow.

The deck is my favourite place to be, and now I can live out there all summer.

*grin*

4 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

What??? It's not cold there????
WTF?
We're expecting snow AGAIN! (In fact, there were a few flakes flying around a few minutes ago!)

Sigh.

Pacian said...

Welcome back. :-P

Anonymous said...

Since you are a cheese lover, and now have a functioning barbeque, I wonder if you have tried combining the two with a vegetable and halloumi kabob?
If you haven't....it is really really good. Like a big hunk of squeeky feta-like cheese all grilled and wonderful. Sigh.
Happy barbequeing!
Jen W.

Geosomin said...

Well it snowed the day I got home (thursday) but other than a coldish day today, it's been pretty nice...

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...