Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz


There are fungus gnats in our house plants...and it's getting ridiculous. I don't know where they came from but by god...they're everywhere. They live off fungus in the plants from over watering...there used to be the odd one, but for some reason all of a sudden, they're on the advance. They're only in some of the plants but I can't go in a room without seeing one flutter by, and it's getting annoying. I'd like to leave a glass of water out and not have to look at it when I pick it up and check for little tiny flies.

Last night was soap up the plants with pet safe insecticidal soap and put sticky traps in them. I will continue to soap them up every week until they are gone. If the weather ever warms up I can take the plants outside, hose them down with insecticide and repot them. Until then...I must fight the good fight.

My house, not theirs...

4 comments:

Magnus said...

and next week, it's MY HOUSE!!!!!

the Bag Lady said...

Good luck getting rid of the little pests!
(No, Magnus, I didn't mean you....)

Pacian said...

Sounds really... icky. o_O

Anonymous said...

We have a lot of flies and spiders just now... have left the spiders alone but are targetting the flies with flyspray, and are cleaning round the corners of the house with the steamer!

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...