Thursday, March 05, 2009

Love love love...

It's my parent's 49th wedding anniversary today.
Yup - 49. That's a lot of years to love someone. Next year is their golden anniversary. I'm going to put my head together with my brother and sister at my nephew's wedding this summer and see if we can't pull something off for them next spring. My Dad just called to say hi from Arizona and Mum gushed about the roses he got her. Softie :) It was so nice to hear them so happy.

Right now they're sitting in the sun, golfing and generally relaxing for March while I am here slowly thawing out. I'm glad they could get away-Mom's 75 and her heart was being bad for a while, so they're very happy she's feeling well enough they can travel together and get away and travel. It's been a few years since they have been able to. They like to go down with my Uncle and aunt and friends and rent a house for a month in Arizona every spring right when they can't stand winter anymore and just do whatever pops into their head. Not bad if you ask me. If they go to Mexico for the day they promised to being me back a bunch of vanilla...the good stuff. Yum.

We're just in our 9th year...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

49 years is longer than I've been alive.

the Bag Lady said...

Congratulations to your mom and dad! My parents were married for 44 years before my mom passed away. This year would have been their 60th. The Rancher and I have been engaged for 14....(years, that is.) Don't want to jump into anything.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...