Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Note to self: "somewhere safe" should = somewhere visible

Well it's warmed up about 10 degrees. I'll take it. It's still "stupidcold" but at least you won't die if you go outside now. That is a bonus.

Last night I went to use my new serger (well OK I've had it for about a year, I just haven't dared use it yet) and I found that (sigh) I can't find the manual for it, and since one of the threads has come unthreaded I can't use it until I do. I was hoping since it came prethreaded I'd be laughing, but no...no giggles for me. As for the manual? Well, I put it somewhere "safe" when I emptied and painted the leapfrog room...without a manual it is impossible to thread a serger as they have 4 threads all complicatedly arranged for serging and stitch sealing. Essentially I have a lovely and attractive brick until I can find it. The bastards at Singer know this, so they don't have the manual free online...I would have to buy one for $15. Grr...just the thing I want to do when I feel sick: look for a manual. I plan to go through all the stuff form that room and box it all up bit by bit in an organised way to prevent things just like this from happening...so I'm on that for the next while. I hope to find the manual while I do it. I wanted to try it out to hem a bunch of pants, but I may just give up and do them the old way until I find the stupid manual.

Sorry if I sound cranky. The tickle I've had in my throat for a few days has started to turn into one bastard of a cold since last night and am already cranky and sniffly, so if I don't post for a while it's because I've survived work and then gone home to hide under the duvet and drink tea. I wanted to stay home, but I have stuff to do, and I'm not that sick "yet". We shall see.

Off to Crankytown.
Population: me.

6 comments:

Missicat said...

Hope you feel better soon! And that you find that darn manual..that can be frustrating.
Just getting over a cold/flu/whatever myself.

Rimshot said...

I'll bet you dollars to donuts that you can find the manual online or at least a helpful site about serging (whatever that may be).

Rimshot said...

http://www.simplicitysewing.com/manuals/


Hope your's is in there.

the Bag Lady said...

My serger has a threading picture in it. Open the bottom cover of your serger and have a look.....

Need me to come give you lessons?

What kind of serger is it?

Anonymous said...

Rimshot -Thanks for the link. Unfortunately mine is made by Serger and not Simplicity, so I can't find it there...BUT I will keep looking on line. It is model 14CG754.

Baglady -I'm home today sniffing and hacking and once I get out of bed and try and do something useful I'll check and see if there is a threading diagram on the bottom, or in the flip out part of the machine. That just seems too easy, but you never know. I never even thought to check there...

Pacian said...

Crankytown, eh? Just remember that I got there first.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...