Monday, December 29, 2008

A topical exploration of hibernation. With photos...

It's been a lovely snowy christmastime.
The lazy days I've daydreamed about for ages are here...and I love it. I am off work for a whole extra week...
Christmas was lovely - we had drinks and obscure nibbles at J's aunt's house and got to visit his cousins, one who is very round with what she assures me is not an alien baby.
The day of was a bit hectic, but it was nice to have kids around. They really do make christmas better...my little niece and I had a great time playing and all J's Mum's side of the family that could come did. A bit crowded, but all good people. Gifts were opened and enjoyed...My sister in laws both loved the things I sewed for them and their little ones and the bath salts were welcomed...There were fewer but more thoughtful gifts this year, it seemed. A few stick out - J's pop up book of Star Wars and Onion book...my microfleece super warm sheets and a real Japanese bento box...mostly I recall laughing and talking and (of course) eating.
The past few days have been relaxing at home...watching movies, reading multiple books in the sunbeams in bed, cooking elaborate delicious tasty things and generally doing nothing more than we like...and doing the things we do thoroughly. I've finally gotten around to both reading and watching A Scanner Darkly and Children of Men.
Current;y I'm making vanilla custard and fruit crepes...then I think I'll get the leapfrog room finished off...so we can fill it in with things...
For those of you too lazy to read...here's some pictures of things made with joy:





Happy holidays all...I'm off to nom some guacamole and fruit and cheese and wine.
Have a happy new year too :)

5 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

Wow - you made all those things?! Very nice. I love the aprons!

Glad you had such a great Christmas, and hope the new year brings you much joy and happiness!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun! Happy New Year when it comes.

Anonymous said...

Back again... was browsing around.
The word verification for this is 'ookerch'. Just got my funny bone. :-)

Pacian said...

What is a Star Wars onion pop-up book? Is it as awesome as it sounds?

Geosomin said...

The pop up book *is* all kinds of awesome.
But no onions...the Onion book was separate...altho it would be an awesome combination.."Our Dumb Star Wars WOrld" has a nice ring to it...

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...