Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Shake your moneymaker. Shake it baby.

Well...getting there on the gift department.
Last night I was up to the wee hours finishing my niece's present. It looks alright if I do say so myself...my buddy Magnus was flying home this morning at an absurd hour and he had insomnia, so I had someone to yak to as I sewed to the wee hours of the morning. We sent him home with some wine and cookies for the family...as luck has it my husband works at the wee hours of the morning too, so he could swing by the airport on his way and send Magnus off home to Vancouverland to be with the rest of his kin. Me? I don't move at that hour for nothing...

I hadn't meant to be up that late lst night, but I had to bake a bunch of cookies to send off to BC with Magnus AND had a final private bellydance lesson last night to "correct my technique flaws" and...well...there were a lot of them. It turns out that changing your stance and how you hold your arms pretty much affects every movement you do...so I had to go thru most of what I already know to correct it. My amazing teacher Johara went through two full routines with me movement by movement and spent over two hours helping me get movements down, so I can practice them properly over the holiday. I gratefully paid her in vanilla bath salts...everyone was happy...though my abs are aching this morning. It did push back the sewing to the silly hours of the morning , but luckily I have nothing extremely detailed at work today, so I can survive.

Other than being retardedly cold, it should be a good day...finish off the last of the gift assembly after work and run about with J picking up this and that, make a few more cookies and try not to freeze (it's only -45 °C with the wind-broke out the skipants this morning).

Have a great day all...I'm off :)
To amuse yourselves, check out these cool gingerbread creations...

1 comment:

the Bag Lady said...

Oh, dear. I hope Magnus isn't trapped at an airport in Calgary or Edmonton! Was watching the news last night and nothing was landing in Vancouver.....

Good for you for all your gift-making, belly-dancing, etc. activities! You need to stop now, though - you're making the Bag Lady look bad....
:)

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...