Monday, July 07, 2008

I am woman. See me paint.

How many days can a woman paint 8-11 hours a day before she wants to stop?

Seven.

Last night, with the exception of a closet door and door frame, I finished up the last of the painting at just after midnight. It looks fantastic, but I must say - I am DONE. I have no desire to paint for a very long time. The lovely J, who rewired all our switches and outlets (to replace old ugly ones with new ones and make sure they're all wired in right), is also done with wiring for a while. There is still a lot of cleaning up to take away all the plastic and tarps and all the tape to pull off the trim, but I cleared off the wood beam yesterday and man - it looks amazing. Once things are a bit more clean I'll post some pictures. I'm excited to reveal it all from under all the plastic!

It feels like we've been living in Tarptown for months instead of a week, and it'll take a while before our furniture is back again. We do get to go hunt down a few new lights which will be fun, but it's nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel after such a big reno. I feel like I've been living in cutoffs and painty bandana hair for months now - it was nice to get up for work today and put on regular clothes and style my hair like real people. And tonight, hopefully, we can go and see WallE, which I've been dying to see for ages.

Sadly, the back at work part has arrived. Much to do. A week of weirdness to catch up on. Just thought I'd pop in.
Later taters...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does that mean you're not bringing the reno crew down to Chicago for a Kitchen and Bath weekender?

Anonymous said...

Hell no. I'm done for a while. :)

Crabby McSlacker said...

Seven days in a row???!!!

I get totally bored and start whining after about 10 minutes of any given chore. I'd never make it seven days.

Anonymous said...

I'm usually moaning by the end of the first day. I'm aware of that as wallpapering my hall (old house) was a marathon. Sore feet. :-)

the Bag Lady said...

Good for you! Looking forward to seeing the 'reveal'!

Magnus said...

I offered my services but she never asked for them. Although I am not crazy about two of the colours, the house does look good.

Geosomin said...

I'm too picky...I'd have stared overyour shoulder the entire time and driven you crazy!

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...