Friday, June 20, 2008

An open letter to the gophers living on the path across the river

Hi guys...how are you?
You're very cute you know...all furry and squeaky, standing up to watch me go by. I appreciate that someone notices me. The little peeping cheering squad is nice when I'm running. But not so much when I'm biking...
The thing is, you've gotta talk to your kids...they're getting out of hand. They keep darting about all over the road, playing chicken and not looking before they cross the path...I narrowly missed 2 of them today on my bike. I'd feel terrible if I winged one of them - just remind them to stay away from the bikes ok?
They're too cute to get skooshed.

Kthnxbye

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so if they were homely it'd be ok to squoosh 'em?

That's profiling! And that's wrong. (or maybe it's not profiling, its discrimation?)

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Oh thank heavens....at first I thought you were talking about Gopher from The Love Boat and I was like, "Uhhh, isn't that guy a little old to be running across bike paths and being such a nuisance?"

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...