Saturday, June 21, 2008

I've got special shoes so I can run and jump and plaaaaaay!

Take a gander at my new Birkenstocks.
My old pair of Birks, rest their souls, were grudgingly retired in the fall, after 15 years of adventures when they fell apart (literally) beyond repair (*sniff*). I bought them waaaay back in Vancouver as a young sprog and they have served me well. And now, I am happy to say I have version 2.0. They are extra spiffy with a fresh scent of mint. They are comfy, cruelty free and I like them a lot.

I'm a barefoot or sandals person, and am picky about shoes, and not having sandals was driving me crazy. I saved my shekels up for these new ones and today I picked them out and took them home.
In the words of Steve Martin - "I've got happy feet!"
Here's to 16 more years of adventure with these ones...

8 comments:

Pacian said...

Fifteen years of adventure?! My shoes just fell apart after two or three years of walking.

Anonymous said...

Very nice, I like the nail varnish too! I was looking at some clear varnish I have beside the bed but keep forgetting about it.

I'm wearing new sandals too; just put them on 10 minutes ago. They have springy soles; it's like walking on air.

grapecat said...

oooh they're lovely! well chosen!
free the toes!

the Bag Lady said...

Very nice! Wish I could wear sandals. As soon as I wear anything other than sneakers, I end up having to chase a cow or something stupid. Sandals are not good for that.....
I have some lovely sandals that I never get to wear. Sigh.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I've got TWO pairs of Birks courtesy of my mom outgrowing hers!!!

The picture you took here looks a lot like one I posted on my blog last year(except you have skinnier toes) that I would link if I wasn't so lazy. I was showing off my Birks and my pedicure.

Anonymous said...

must be a chick thing.

Moominmama said...

v. nice. Birks are necessary. I have two pairs, a sandal/thongy pair and a clog pair (so I can wear them in icky cold winter!).

Enjoy the breeze in your tootsies.

Anonymous said...

Cruelty free rocks. Walk on happy feet walk on.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...