Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Brrrrr

Meh.
It's suddenly winter here again - blizzards and -15 with snow.
It's very heard to train for a 10K run when you can't go outside :). Ah well..it has to melt eventually I suppose. I'm sure by the run in June it will have melted...knock on wood. SO far I"m up to about 6K or so, with 7 minute stretches of running. Not too shabby.
I did my taxes last night...what a thrill. We're getting abit back, which is nice, but we have a crappy little calculator, so it was a team job, with me reading off numbers and J adding them and doing each calculation 2-3 times to be sure the calculator wasn't screwing up. At least it's done now...any $$ we get back can help with repainting the living room this summer. I'd like to get some new blinds too, so we'll see how it all comes together. I may regret it once I'm halfway through it all...but it is the last room left in the house to redo, so I'm forced to deal with it. We'll have to rent scaffolding for the one wall and to do the ceilings, but in the end it will be nice. The whole house was the same shade of brain melting beige when we moved in...we've been filling it with colour room by room. It will be nice to be "done" the painting soon. We're sort of tactfully ignoring all the nail holes a the moment. The previous owners had a thing for covering the walls with stuff, so I'm sure it'll take me a whole day just to fill holes...but in the end - spiffy.
Must go...my lunch is over and I have much to do. Bye.

7 comments:

MaCanuck said...

Don't you have a computer? Which is basically just one giant calculator? Heck, there are also programs out there that will do the calculations for you, as long as you type in the numbers right....

Geosomin said...

You're the 5th person to mention that to me today. I know I could have...It just made a hideously boring tedious job a bit more fun as J could be around if we used the calculator.
Yes we're pathetic. We even do our taxes together. You may laugh if like...I would.
I personally want to weep - I read this post over and I sound so incredibly dull...

Anonymous said...

I like your posts - not like mine, which is why I deleted more than half when transferring my blog. Which reminds me, I've not finished that yet... got too depressed. ;-)

Got to go see if Red Dwawf has weathered the commercial break yet.

Anonymous said...

(After show ends)... At last - I've met Mr Flibble the penguin.

Anonymous said...

hooray!
I like Mr Flibble.
I've got a penguin hand puppet so this halloween I plan to get a blond pigtail wig and gingham dress for a costume...I'm surious how many people will know who it is...

Anonymous said...

surious...surly + curious...?
(cough *typo* cough)

Anonymous said...

That would be good to see. :-)
I was sorry Mr Flibble melted away with the clothes in Red Dwarf.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...