Monday, February 18, 2008

Poor chap lost his head somewhere in Polynesia...

It's a sunny family day. In my PJs in the afternoon with an obsenely cream filled cup of coffee...grand.
We've just returned from a lovely weekend holiday away out west to Polynesia...land.

OK, so it wasn't quite the real thing, but there was a giant rock tub with loads of candles and wine and cheese and loveliness and a cheesy fake boat catamaran bed to float down the cheesy fake river on...all near to an IMAX, perveyors of fine bubble tea and a pub with oatmeal stout on tap.
And even tho I'm back home all safe and sound, I'm still not at work today.

Nyeah.

I'm sipping java in my PJs...
*tee hee*

4 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

And did you do lots of shopping while you were at West Ed?!

Geosomin said...

It was loverly.
We did wander out in the mall for a bit for meals and altho I hadn't planned on shopping much, I now have a very amazing jacket.

T'was a nice romantic holiday...

The Merry said...

Oatmeal stout?

I know what oatmeal is (I thought I did anyway), something thick and gloopy. Full of fiber, just the thing on a cold winter's morn.

And stout is definitely liquid, with no fiber and not many vitamins but it can hit the spot on a hot day.

Putting the two together, however, creates a picture in my mind that I'm not sure I want there.
Clearly, this call for more investigation. Where's that pub again? :)

Geosomin said...

There's roasted (sometimes ground or milled) oats in the grain used to make the wort for the stout...gives it a roasted sort of nutty flavour...sometimes sort of like roasted coffee. Very yummy.

The pub is called Sherlock Holmes...it was a cheesy clone of a british pub, but very nice I thought. Good food and good ale, as all pubs should have.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...