Wednesday, February 20, 2008

It's heaven, being on the moon

I'm quite excited as tonight is a full lunar eclipse at about 9:30 PM. According to the weather gnomes the sky is supposed to be clear, and even if the weather is harsh (shouldn't be too bad), I can either watch the moon from my living room (warmer, where I can take a few pictures but not as exciting) or walk down to the river to watch the moon eclipse over it. I think I may wander down the river path and see what I can see.
Poor J has to work so he'll miss it, but maybe I can snap a photo or two for him...

For some reason all I can think of this morning is the song the cartoon astronaut would sing on the moon on Sesame Street:

Oh the moon in June is a big balloon
It makes me swoon, makes me croon.
It's heaven, being on the moon.

3 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

The Bag Lady is looking forward to watching the eclipse, too! Times like this, she is very grateful she lives in the country. She wishes she had a better camera, though, because she knows her little one isn't going to take great photos...

Pacian said...

It's at 3 in the morning where I am, and it's freezing cold to boot.

Think I might sleep instead... o_O

grapecat said...

damn - 3 in the morning for us too. I hope you get a good view - i've only seen one - but from a plane! it was amazing. we were flying to istanbul. the flight though was terrifying - the pilot actually said "we've got a great wind speed behind us and we're going very fast. In fact, we're going faster than I ever have before and I hope everything is going to be all right." then to look out the window at that red moon - unforgettable.
obviously, everything was all right :)

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...