Thursday, January 10, 2008

Sweeny Todd

OH...and by the way...go see Sweeny Todd.
It's Tim Burtony and full of great acting and it's a musical...that's rated R for gore and violence. That doesn't happen often kiddies. The music (with a few exceptions) should've been Mr. Elfman...but I guess when you start with a musical already written you go with what is there. Too bad - I bet he'd have done better. I love musicals so it was an extra morbid treat for me...the scene of them on a beach in turn of the century swimwear and the song about who to turn into pies first were my favorite bits.

6 comments:

Pacian said...

I want so much, but I'm not sure I'll get a chance. T_T

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Mmmmm, meat pies. So hungry now.....

I like musicals too but my husband doesn't. We saw Little Shop Of Horrors on stage and he was like, "Crap. Are they singing again??!!?"

Magnus said...

Gah! Musicals make Magnus mad.

Geosomin said...

What is it with people not liking musicals?

I know I'm a minority, but I love them...I love that every once in a while one still gets made.

My husband doesn't like musicals either...he took me to Evita in the fall as a gift, not realising it was the musical version. I was thrilled...he fidgeted a lot :)

Magnus said...

It was the gay Theatre teacher in high school who would only do musicals as the major production. He nixed some really cool plays that the students wanted to do because musicals brought in the crowds. I wanted to something buy Shakespear or maybe Pinter... but no, we had to do "Annie Get Your Gun"... bleargh! Remember me falling asleep in "Phantom of the Slopera"? I had a good rest.
It isn't that I can't enjoy them, sometimes I do - "Dancer in the Dark" for instance. Pete took me to see a bunch on Monroe films when I was chronically unemployed in 1999, and I actually enjoyed them. (though I may have been a bit more focused on her figure)

Rimshot said...

I love musicals...except for all that singing and dancing.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...