Sunday, September 09, 2007

Sticky! sticky! sticky! STICKY!

I'm recaulking our front windows before the winter. They're in rough shape and leak and if we don't do something it'll cost us a lot more than a tube of caulk and some paint. I've left it all summer and now I must do them this weekend before it gets too cold. It's tedious and rough on your hands...but the main issue I have with it is you get caulking on your fingers sealing the gap and then on your HANDS AND ON THE TOOLS AND THEN THE WINDOW AND THEN IT'S STICKY AND YOU DO MORE WORK AND YOU'RE STILL STICKY AND YOU WIPE YOUR HANDS AND THEN THE PAPER TOWEL IS STICKY AND THEN IT IS STUCK TO YOU AND ...well you get the idea. It's a messy job when you have no idea what you're doing.
Normally I can ignore things as a necessary evil, even profoundly sticky ones, but in this case, I actually had to disctract myself by making up and singing a song about how sticky I was so I could finish the work up and not run around gibbering shaking my oh so sticky hands...
Perhaps if I was better at this I wouldn't get so covered in caulking, but I'm glad the sticky part (at least for now) is over and I can paint the window today...but maybe the windows will be warmer this winter...who knows?

Some things just need to be done, regardless of how sticky they are. (how's *that* for an odd piece of advice...)

4 comments:

Magnus said...

I'm thinking of you doing home renos and suddenly I have an image of a friend slobbering all over the televison watching Mag Ruffman's home reno show.

Pacian said...

Now I feel vicariously icky. (That's icky, not sticky.)

Magnus said...

You share my pain.

Anonymous said...

icky icky icky ICKY!

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...