Tuesday, September 18, 2007

An open letter to the giant brain that pulsates at the centre of the universe

OK.
I don't know what sort of lesson you want to teach me. Is it patience?
Humility?
How to not freak out at your workplace over cosmic intervention?
To prioritize extremely expensive samples and chemicals in order of expendability?
How to be utterly useless ina a room full of equipment and resource?

I now have all the reagents I need to do a sh*tload of work in 3 days on a timed schedule and find that, lo and behold, I am totally screwed timewise as the actual instrument I use to do this work has suddenly died with no warning in a way that requires a repairman to come and fix it - with me already having prepared the slides and reagents...and no time for overtime (due to the pledge shifts), yet needing to get the work done, but not having the ability to do so physically without the machine. And I can't let this stuff go to waste.
*sigh* What's a labrat to do?

Was I too harsh with the courier prople? Am I getting too good at my job?
WHAT?
WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT FROM ME?

I'm finally doing research that *matters* - that could actually positively impact patient's lives and help fight cancer and all I can do is stare at all the stuff I have, put it in a big pile and do nothing but sit on my hands, see things spoil while I wait for a guy to (hopefully) fix my machine tomorrow. Maybe. And then I'm hopelessly behind...

If anyone out there has a cushy job petting puppies or smelling flowers can I at least trade with them for a while? I need a break...

*cough*
Um...Hope I didn't offend you Mr. Brain sir. I've just had enough of all this and don't know what else to say.

Gibberingly yours with great humility,
Geo.

PS - Fucksticks

3 comments:

Moominmama said...

Entropy. Gotta love it.

Rimshot said...

The irony of the above statement is neigh overwhelming.

The Giant Brain and I were talking earlier, and I remembered your (hilarious) post so I asked The Giant Brain...it turns out The Giant Brain was just goofin' on ya'! Kind'a funny, don'tcha think?

psychoactive toad said...

For some reason, your P.S. is totally cracking me up.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...