Thursday, June 14, 2007

Checkmate my good man

I got to hang out with my brother last night, which is always fun. My brother and I have always been close, and it's been great since he moved back into town, as I get to see him more often. We're both pretty busy, but for Christmas I gave him "Muffins of the Month" - essentially I'll bring him a dozen fresh baked muffins of his choice every month and then we'll hang out for the evening. He's happy as he gets muffins, and I'm guaranteed to get to visit with him at least once a month, which doesn't sound like much, but is definitely a good thing as it's hard to find a time we're both free to get together.

Last night after diddling around and playing with his new electric guitar that he got himself for his birthday (he's an aspiring blues guitarist) we got it into our heads to play a game of chess and realised neither of us could remember how to anymore...a lot of the moves and rules were very foggy, so Internet to the rescue! We found a site for teaching kids how to play chess and after reading up on it, although we both felt a little silly, we're both back in the game with castling and an passant skills a plenty. My brother was kissed on the butt by the Good Games Fairy when he was born and usually beats everyone at everything, so I was quite pleased when we ended our first game on a draw with both of us only having our kings left.

Next time however I will be victorious...

No comments:

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...