Sunday, April 01, 2007

Mix Master...Mix me up some more of them Sweet Cuppin' Cakes

Whew...I'm exhausted.

Last night we had the privilege of going to hear the one and only Mixmaster Mike (from the Beastie Boys) spin for a few hours. And I must say - tt's not just a clever name...the man spun funk, soul, hiphop, old 50s music, and even threw in a bit of techno and metal...and everything in between. Live...with some fantastic scratching added in. Bacardi took an old furniture store and transformed it into a club for the night - I've listened to the Beastie Boys for a loooong time and was very excited -cuz live spun funk is a fine thing. Let's just say I danced like a fool and had a fantastic time. The one good thing about the Junos being here was all the great Canadian acts that were playing here this weekend, like Shout out out out out & DJ Champion. And, freaking Mixmaster Mike.

Today? Well I sat around on my but and accepted a challenge to make as many delicious things as I could with a pint of fresh strawberries. And I did...
Exhibit A: Breakfast (well OK lunch by the time we got around to it))
Fresh scones with strawberries and vanilla ice cream. Yum.
















And later, to cheer up J's coworkers who'vebeen working on Juno stuff to the point of exhaustion: An invention of mine I like to call Sweet Cuppin' Cakes.
Strawberry puree marble vanilla cupcakes with strawberry cream cheese icing topped off with edible ball bearings. Ever since the episode of Dr. Who where Rose gave the Doctor a cupcake at the end with those little shiny balls on it I've been dying to make cupcakes with them on top...so I did. Yummy.

And now ...sleep. Where I can dream about eating more strawberries...

5 comments:

Magnus said...

I challenge you to make a chutney flavoured twinkie.

Geosomin said...

blech

Magnus said...

Okay... a chai twinkie and curry flavoured corn bread.

Geosomin said...

OK..THAT I'll try.

Magnus said...

If they turn out, send me a package.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...