Monday, April 23, 2007

Hey Everyone It's Bob & David

Mr. Show with Bob & David is one of my favorite comedy shows.
It was on HBO for a few years and it has some of the funniest humour (well, off the wall humor I happen to click with) since Kids in the Hall. In a lot of their shows one sketch would blend one into the next and often sketches at the end of the show would refer to ones at the start. There were a few reoccuring characters, but most of the time Mr. Show just made me laugh harder than I have at anything else. And a great many comedy people were on the show including Jack Black, Sarah Silverman, and many others. Incidentally, a lot of these people are helping out Sarah Silverman with her new show...which I've been watching lately and really enjoying. (My husband has a thing for Sarah Silverman and I can't deny it - she's smart, funny and pretty...gotta keep tabs on the competition :) )
But anyways, back on topic. Bob Odenkirk and David Cross both did their own stand up routines and for a few years were involved in their own sketch improv night and even had a show togather for a while...and MR.Show itself got better every year. Unfortunately HBO moved it to a slot of death on Monday at midnight, and it got cut due to ratings, but I managed to track it down on DVD and catch them all in the end. It would be hard to pick favorite sketches, but I've snooped YouTube and found a few good ones. Unfortunately many of my favorites aren't there...

Kiss the Pan

Shake the Crime Stick

Job Interview

Story of Everest

Call in Show

Titannica



Thrill World

1 comment:

Magnus said...

I caught Mr. Show a couple of times and laughed my ass off. I decided to rent it, but found myself not liking it by the end.
Jay ain't alone in his Sarah Silverman crush. I think the first time I saw her was in Way of the Gun. Not a crush inducing momment, but Greg the Bunny was.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...