Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Guess what I did this morning?

I walked/jogged this far today - 1.49 miles 1 way - so nearly 3 miles! Sure it was alternating 3.5 minutes walk + 1.5 minutes run over and over...but I did it! And I didn't die!
I've started another blog to track my workouts for the minimarathon... so I don't go on about it too much here or drive J nuts rambling on about minutia of the training. It's not an interesting or entertaining blog...but it helps motivate me.
I just had to post this here after looking up up how far the distance was, as I'm rather puffed up about the whole thing and feeling pretty good about it all. It's pretty close to how long I hope to be jogging in a few months...rather amazing, as J and I'll walk to the Mendal Gallery for an afternoon and then walk back and feel like it's a good long walk. ANd soon I'll be able to jog the whole way...muahahaaaaa.

Cool.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go grrl!! Go to that finish line!
I use to be a runner / jogger and I swear I was addicted to it. I loved it and lived for it. In my hey-day I would do 10K three times a week. You are inspiring me to maybe dig out the ol' flippidy floppidies once again. Keep up the great work. Good luck.

ps. On your new blog comments need to sign in, just in case you didn't know.

Pacian said...

I can walk for miles and miles and miles. But I can only jog or run for a few paces.

*respect for you*

Magnus said...

So, what did you do this morning?

Geosomin said...

Thanks corey - I'm trying my best.

Pacian - I match your respect and raise you a hefty dose of admiration.

Magnus - today I worked out again. It's wierd being into something that is really a challenge with your own self...it's fun and scary at the same time.

Magnus said...

Very scary. I know I need to to do it but it is just so damned hard to get going.

Geosomin said...

The start is the hardest. It really is...it's so much harder than maintaining it. Getting to a median level fitness took a long time, but now, it feels easier to push myself...I don't automatically stop breathing or feel like I may die. And it's a lot more fun too...you feel *good* afterwards.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...