Saturday, March 24, 2007

Swinging party...pity I wasn't invited

I had a very vivid dream last night.

I was living somewhere in Europe, it was a warm summer night and everyone I knew from all over the world, including people I know in the blogosphere were all getting together to go out for supper and an evening at a 200 year old house. Apparently we had the "VIP" private place to ourselves and the place had multiple floors with wood and stone, a big fireplace, winding staircases, great food and mango wine, with music varying from floor to floor in the place...where we sat was all cosy with couches like someone's living room, only it had a hallway that lead to dance area full of happy people , where a great DJ was spinning music...but yet that wasn't the place to be...our gathering was the cosy place, with a garden lit by torches full of sparkly fountains - the sky was clear and the moon was full...I remember there was a telescope on a balcony where my friend Ken was looking at saturn.

And everyone I knew was there...some as slight caricatures of themselves. Some were animated, some shiny...it was strange, but "right". And people I've never actually seen, like Betty, Pacian and Diddums, well they were there too, but when I tried to actually focus on them they went a bit blurry, like camera out of focus. For them I more remember facial expressions and comments, but yet for an appearance, not very much, as their appearance would morph slowly over the dream...only their clothes would stay relatively the same.

I woke up wishing I knew of a place like that and wondering how I could pull that off in real life...and how to make mango wine. Sadly, noone I know lives in a castle...or do you? *blinks hopefully*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, fantastic dream. It sounds like the basis for a good science fiction book. Makes me think of Ringworld, for a start - it more or less begins with a party, but the Ringworld party doesn't sound quite as nice as yours. We could all step in our transporter booths and - *bzzzz* - just appear in your palace transporters. :-).

Maybe you could try a mango smoothie. :-).

Pacian said...

I had to move out of my castle. The suits of armour kept dropping their swords on me when I walked past - but when I looked inside their helmets... THEY WERE EMPTY.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...