Thursday, January 25, 2007

Trip in the Spruce Goose anyone?

In my home city here we are currently ever so lucky to be slammed with a wicked stomach flu right now - a norovirus. What with winter keeping us all inside like sardines it's running amuck through the city. I work near a hospital and at the university and it is making the rounds here too...nowhere is safe. Being a festidious lab worker I've avoided it so far (mostly due to the lab safety and washing hands 8 zillion times a day) and I'm being rediculous about hand washing at home in the hopes of avoiding it. School and local places are in a "wash you hands don't touch anything" Mentality. I heard through the rumor mill this morning that they're even washing off desks in the public schools...even if it's not the case it's all very wierd.
Makes me wonder what it wouldn've been like in China and Toronto when SARS was running amuck. I mean we're not at face mask stages here yet, but I wonder if the virus was a lot more nasty and lethal (not just 48 hours of truly awful flu) if we'd be at that level of paranoia. It's starting to wear on me and make me a bit of a germophobe...
Think I'll put the kleenex boxes on my shoes and get to work...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whatever it is, just don't bring it here.

Geosomin said...

Aw...I was going to bring a gift...

Anonymous said...

SARS nothing. I wash my hands 20 times a day. Tens of thousands of nasty people coughing and touching themselves as they hold on to the railings of the subway to and from any where in Toronto. I squirm as I watch people hanging on in the subway, then reach in to their potato chip bag and shove all those germs into their mouths. People here are just asking for it. Ugh.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...