Thursday, January 04, 2007

Take the red pill...

J and I just rewatched the Matrix movies over the past 3 nights.
I still really enjoy them, although we've worked out a "better" ending for the film-that the "real world" was another layer of Matrix, designed to deal with the few minds who wanted out of the original one. Even so I still like the originality and inspiration that came from these films. It's hard to believe the first film was out in 1999...I mean, I was still in school and not married then. Seems like a lifetime ago.
I've been going through the winter funk off and on the past month or so and I think I'm trudging through, but I need to get out more. Being a generally chirpy person, I am befuddled by moodiness and mooginess...not sure how to handle them really. After a bit of thought and conversation with J I'm going to start heading out and doing things I enjoy that J isn't so into like hanging out with my brother and fixing up my room...feeding my soul I suppose you would say. Less obligation and more exploration. I have the nasty habit of looking to other people to fill up the gaps that form in my soul and that never works. You can't be a friend and a partner then..doesn't mean you can't lean on someone and depend on them...it's all a matter of balance. Balance and serenity.
And that's what I crave at the moment. Balance.
So that is my quest for now...I shall swallow my red pill and see how deep this rabbit hole goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still think the first Matrix could have been split into 3 parts and would have made a better Trilogy than what they ended up with.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...