Thursday, January 18, 2007

A few things I've learned

Things the significant men in my life have taught me to do/appreciate over the years: Incomplete, alphabetical and slightly censored for PG viewing:

Anatomy, acid jazz, audiophile snobbery, brown ales and all beer are good, chainsaws are fun to use, how to properly light a campfire, how to make crepes, dancing like you mean it, Doctor Who, green thumb, girls can do anything (yay Dad), proper martinis (shaken not stirred), skinnydipping, music technobabble, how to have a roaring paintfight, tying a slip knot, sushi, technogubbins, that you can have too much wine, UV lights make everything better, and that zoobers are the most saught after food on earth (and when I find out what they are I’ll never want anything else)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shaken martini's are for James Bond wannabes who like their booze watered down. Stirred martini's are the thing.

Anonymous said...

The UV lights sound interesting! I need better lighting in my life... though I use a standard lamp instead of the main lights in the sitting room. Better atmosphere.

Anonymous said...

BTW, proper martini's are made with gin and should have an olive. My favouite is one made with Plymouth Gin, three olives and 1/2 teaspoon of olive brine - called a "Dirty Martini".

Geosomin said...

It's very girly of me, but my favorite martinin is the chocolate martini. Chocolate vodka and creame de cocao shaken over ice. Like candy...

I don't like olives, but you're right - they do work in martinis. I'm afraid I'm a vodka martini person, not gin. It's just a bit too dry...

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...