Thursday, December 21, 2006

Handy me

Hey hey hey!

My back creaks like an old lady but guess what?
Dad & I have already ripped out moldy drywall and insulation, reinsulated and put up drywall and installed the laminate floor in my room. I'm more than impressed.It's a walnut pattern and reminds me of a Jaguar dashboard, only, you know...it's fake...and not in a Jag.
I still have to mud the drywall, but Dad is still helping us by running some new outlets, put in baseboards, fix a toilet and a few other things that need fixing around here, plus make a run to the dump. I will likely mud the walls myself come January and then I can paint my room and J can put in put in a new light fixture.
I've learned so much from my Dad over the last few days - soon I'll be a very handy woman. I want to learn how to fix all these things...properly. I like knowing at least how to figure out what is wrong with something.
Otherwise I'm just running around in circles like Fry going "fix it! fix it! fix it! fix it! fix it!"

But I have done much today...I'm exhausted. I must finish up some cookie bars for J's coworkers and then sleep as we have another long day tomorrow...

No comments:

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...