Sunday, October 01, 2006

Short Couple, Long Marriage

It's been a busy weekend so far...all sorts of obligations we forgot, but one of the things we went to has filled me with really happy hopeful thoughts.

The couple we stayed with when we went to England a few years ago just celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary yesterday.
50 years. It's crazy when you think about it.
Bill and Arlene are two of the most interesting, crazy and wonderful people I think I've ever met. They're always playing practical jokes and making people laugh and the love they have for each other is humbling. They are some of the most inpiring people I've ever met and after all this time they still do. After spending an afternoon visiting with their family and friends and hearing stories of how they met and their family and all the things they've done together over the years...AND that they'd love to have 50 more years together as merry pranksters, J and I both kept thinking the same thing:
We want that...we think we have that...we will always want that...

Love is grand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool to read that.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...