Monday, September 18, 2006

Inside Your Head

Well, it finally stopped raining last night..it's very soggy here. But my house is still dry. Yay.
Which is good as I'll not be in it for the next few weeks...

I'm going to be busy the next while volunteering for our local Community Radio Associations annual fundraiser called FMPhasis. It helps the station raise about 1/4 of it's operating budget and keeps it on the air every year - 2 weeks of fundraising...kinda like those PBS pledge drives, only we like to think we're a bit more fabaroo. And where else can you hear ethnic music, death metal, jazz and ethical programming all on one station (often in the same day!).
This year's theme is 'inside your head" and if anyone feels the need to pledge some money to support community volunteer driven multicultural based radio that plays local artists and has many spoken language programs that play every style of music, please do. There's prizes for donating (gift certificates and CDs) and there's prize draws for all the donors too...come on, what more do you need to know?
Yours truly will be the evening shift coordinator down at the station and I'll take your pledge gladly. Call me at CFCR - after a long day at work I'll be spending all evening helping out the community at the station...so even just call and say hi - it's gonna be a long 2 weeks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get me a slot for a show and I'll be out shortly.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...