Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Biking through the mists of time

I got to drive through fog this morning on my bike! At times I couldn't even see down the riverbank to the water or more than 10 feet in front of me. The sun was a big orange haze and the river was all mist and fog...and then as soon as it came it was going away again - by the time I got to work the sky was clear and the pelicans were out fishing for breakfast. I like living here... :)

Now, I'm in a fanfreaktastic mood, but very busy today, so to cheat and still feel like I'm not ignoring this weblog I present a list that I found somewhere...I'm not sure where actually. If I remember where I'll post it. If not...you'll just have to live with the empty gaping hole in your field of knowledge.
And so - another list of questions:

What curse word do you use the most? F*ck a duck …but not often. Or the german pronunciation of sh*t. I honestly try not to swear though. Usually there is a lot of pain involved when I do. I just think there’s so many better better words to express myself than just a few crude ones.

Do you own an iPod? yessiree

What time is your alarm clock set for? 6:15 a.m. during the week. It doesn’t exist on the weekends if I can help it.

What color is your room? Light lime green

Flip flops or sneakers? Flip flops unless I’m sneaking.

Would you rather take the picture or be in the picture? take. I know what I look like.

What was the last movie you watched? Pirates of the Carribean 2

Do any of your friends have children? Yes. Loads. It’s making me feel old…and rather barrenish. Not enough to have any, just enough to think about it.

Has anyone ever called you lazy? Not today…

Do you ever take medication to help you fall asleep faster? Pah – never. I can fall asleep anywhere.

What CD is currently in your CD player? Futureheads, by the Futureheads

Do you prefer regular or chocolate milk? Regular…I am hooked on Earl Grey tea brewed in hot milk though.

Has anyone told you a secret this week? Nope

Have you ever given someone a hickey? Not for a long time…

Who was the last person to call you? A coworker

Do you think people talk about you behind your back? Most likely.

Did you watch cartoons as a child? All the time. Still do.

How many siblings do you have? two

Are you shy around the opposite sex? Heck no. It’s the women that weird me out.

What movie do you know every line to? Star Wars, When Harry Met Sally, and It’s A Wonderful Life

Do you own any band t-shirts? Yes – U2, Lemon Jelly, Thievery Corporation.

What is your favorite salad dressing? Any greekish type of stuff

Do you read for fun? Yes, often shouting “wheeeeee!” at the top of my lungs while doing so.

Do you cry a lot? Not really…I just have my moods. Any serious stress makes me blubber. And in PMS I’ll cry at the drop of a hat.

Who was the last person to text message you? No cell, no text.

Do you have a desktop computer or a laptop? Both

Are you currently wanting any piercings or tattoos? Yes. My belly is pierced. I’d like a tattoo, but the pain factor is holding me back.

What is the weather like? Sunny and warmish, with fading mist (~14 C).

Would you ever date someone covered in tattoos? Well, not now that I’m married, but if single I wouldn’t care...as long as it wasn’t a Tazmanian devil or something equally cheesy/unoriginal like that. That’d be a big warning label for me to stay far away.

Is sex before marriage wrong? To be bluntly honest, I’m not sure, as I don’t see the act of marriage changing your relationship into one that would be better and thus better for it, BUT, I would say it would take away from the closeness of it being especially bonding with your partner. I personally can’t imagine sleeping with anyone else. I figure if you’re in it just for the shag, it’s not enough…

When was the last time you slept on the floor? Ages ago. Probably in high school.

How many hours of sleep do you need to function? I like 8 but 6 1/2 - 7 will do. Any less and I’m a cow.

Are you in love or lust? Both

Are your days full and fast-paced? Depends on the day. More and more it’s busy and I’m trying to keep it so. It’s so much more fulfilling than sitting around going “MAN I’m bored…”.

Do you pay attention to calories on the back of packages? Only if it’s for truly bad junk food. Even then it doesn’t really matter - I eat things because I like them…just not a lot and not all of the time and I seem to do OK. I’m more of an ingredient snoop than a calorie snoop. Certain things can make me very ill so I’m on the lookout for them.

How old will you be turning on your next birthday? 33

Are you picky about spelling and grammar? On many things, yes. I can’t type very well, but some grammar misuse (like not using English spellings) drives me nuts.

Have you ever been to Six Flags? No. I have no idea what that is.

Do you get along better with the same or opposite sex? Opposite sex usually.

Do you like cottage cheese? Only in lasagna. Other than that the texture is too odd...like some sort of animal brains or something. My imagination is too vivid to get through more than a few bites of it.

Do you sleep on your side, tummy, or back? Side and stomach…and back. I move around a lot.

Have you ever bid for something on eBay? Yes

Do you enjoy giving hugs? Well, it depends on the person. I've got a bit of a personal space thing. Lets just say I hate “forced” hugs…they seem counterproductive and a wee bit creepy.

What song did you last sing out loud? Yellow by Coldplay in the shower. I love this having the house to myself in the morning...I'm the shower diva

What is your favorite TV show? BSG the new series.

Which celebrity, dead or alive, would you want to have lunch with? Dead - Marie Curie or Carl Sagan. Alive? James Watson or David Suzuki. Or, to be frivolous, the lead singer of Coldplay and his wife- but with him I’d just drool and gibber a lot and forget what I was talking about, so it’s less humiliating if I meet one of the others and talk science.

Last time you had butterflies in your stomach? A few days ago when asked an awkward question by a family member.

What one thing do you wish you had? No mortgage

Favorite lyrics? "You mean more to me than any colour I can see” - Coldplay

2 comments:

Pacian said...

Holy crap, you're 32?!

Geosomin said...

Yup.
Sad isn't it.
I try not to think about it...I'm constantly mistaken for someone in my mid twenties. I take it as a compliment and go with it...it's just a number.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...