Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Hmmm…I just don’t think there will be enough food

I am tired. A jug of iced tea fell on my head yesterday (long story) so I couldn't get to sleep because my head hurt. But, it was a busy and productive night.
For our trip over the past few days I’ve made the following:

-12 dozen cookies
-12 tofu corn dogs
-a big container of tabouli
-72 granola bars
-10 scotch eggs
-2 dozen pumpkin muffins
-2 dozen cheese bacon biscuits (I call them “cram”)
-red pepper hummus and some pitas (OK I bought the pitas)
-we also have cheerios and soy milk, pudding and fruit

I’ve used up all my flour and had to go to the store multiple times for eggs and brown sugar. There will be many people there and I plan to share cookies and granola bars with lots of them. Plus, many of our friends that we will be meeting there are guys who haven’t had “real” cooking for a while, so I made extra so I wouldn’t be all snarky and and can share freely. You never know if there will be a fire ban on, so I planned our food to be OK cold that can be shoved on a stick over the fire to warm it up if we want to. And if there’s leftovers (..if? >:) ) that’s just fine with me.

I also made 3 bikini tops to wear while there and a few masks for if there is a costume event. J made his lightsaber fully equipped with a superbright LED light inside…he hee - flashlights are for paduans!

I can’t wait. I’m so excited! We leave tomorrow morning…AND after we’re staying in the Polynesian room at West Ed Monday night (they have a theme room sale on). The picture on the website has a waterfall into the hot tub and tacky wall paintings and mirrors all over the place AND we get free passes to the waterpark. Tacky tacky! Joy joy!

A holiday indeed! Mee hee…

2 comments:

Magnus said...

What's a scotch egg?

Geosomin said...

Oh so good...
They are a hard boiled egg peeled and wrapped in seasoned meat (usually pork) and then heavily breaded and deep fried. Usually about the size of a hardball when they're done. Sounds odd/gross I know but when I tried them I like them...they are really good, especially for camping and picnics as you can have them hot or cold. We froze ours so we can just pull them out and thaw them before eating or wrap them in foil and toss them into the fire for a few minutes to have hot. They're yummiest fresh though.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...