Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Can You Dig it Like a Spigot

Slow rainy day, coffee break and me with nothing much to say. So I'll steal a page from Betty and do a meme.

1. When you look at yourself in the mirror, what's the first thing you look at? Usually my eyes. I like to look at the pupils moving about as they focus. Some days it I'm bored I'll actually flick the lights on and off to watch them move around. What can I say? I'm easily amused.
2. How much cash do you have on you right now? 50 cents (hey, there's no cent symbol on the keyboard anymore...where did it go? Did the @ replace it?) I do have $8 in Tim Hortons money tho, does that count?
3. What's a word that rhymes with "TEST"? zest, although the stupid rhyme "breasty breasty passed the testy" comes to mind for some reason.
4. Favourite plant? Jade plant.
5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone? No cell phone.
6. What is your main ring tone on your phone? Our main phone just rings like a phone. We do have a cordless that rings some classical music piano piece tho, as we can never track it down when it's ringing. I'd love to get a ringtone that was a voice saying "ring".
7. What shirt are you wearing? A King of the Airwaves shirt I got for pledging and working at last year's FMPhasis annual fundraiser for our local community radio station.
8. Do you "label" yourself? I prefer quirky, and aim for eccentric.
9. Name brand of your shoes currently wearing? Holey Soles gator style sandles (dark purple). Yes, I know they are trendy at the moment but I put a pair on and was stuck having to buy them. Seriously, they are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. They have replaced my Birks, which I never thought would happen.
10. Do you prefer a bright or dark room? Lit room, but indirect lighting (bounced off walls or the ceiling). J likes dark (he can sit in the dim light for hours - I just can't do it) so a lot of our life consists of me going into a room frowning and turning a few lights on to brighten it up a bit on and him coming in and frowning and asking if he can turn them off.
11. What did you have for breakfast? A raspberry almond muffin and a cup of coffee
12. Since question 12 is weirdly missing, make some shit up. Strangely this question got Prodigy in my head: "Change my pitch up, make some shit up..."
13. What were you doing at midnight last night? Sleeping.
14. What did your last text message you received on your cell phone say? Again no cell.
15. Do you ever click on pop ups or banenrs? No. Especially not since the Malware Incident of 2006. Gorram malware...
16. What's an expression that you say a lot? Well I use the words very and seriously a lot
17. Who told you they loved you last? J this morning
18. Last furry thing you touched? Geek (Does J count for this? He's a hairy guy)
19. How many hours a week do you work? 38
20. How many rolls of film do you need to get developed? Three. We got a digital camera a few years ago and have a disposable camera plus two rolls from our old Elph camera to yet develop. We just never seem to get around to it. I'm not even sure what is on them anymore.
21. Favourite age you have been so far? I liked 25. After 30 I'm just not keeping track...until 65, then it's time to hop onto the seniors deal wagon.
22. Your worst enemy? Procrastination and self doubt.
23. What is your current desk top picture? A picture of J and me looking at each other and smiling taken at J's sister's wedding a few weeks ago
24. What was the last thing you said to someone? "Try not to go crazy about it" (to a coworker)
25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to go back in time and fix all your mistakes which would you choose? I'd take the cash. I haven't done anything truly awful and I don't know just what else would be screwed up by me changing things. I've tried to make amends as I screw up. I'd rather just take the cash and be done with it.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the idea of a cell ringtone that says "Ring!" Deliciously banal, but perfect. So ordinary, so tautological it is hilarious, but never stops grating. It has the quality of some of those Macintosh sounds (and Gmail has stolen the sounds, Submarine, Glass, etc.). Some of them are just too retro, it's like, I don't have a machine THAT old. But some of them are timeless.

This timelessness is the thing of which I speak. All hail!

Geosomin said...

Now that I think about it, in response to #16, although I don't say it, I will howl with laughter when a friend says "sweet zombie jesus". (It was from Futurama I think)

Anonymous said...

1. When you look at yourself in the mirror, what's the first thing you look at?

The Mirror.

2. How much cash do you have on you right now?

Cash?

3. What's a word that rhymes with "TEST"?

Orange, though only if you say it correctly.

4. Favourite plant?

Robert

5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone?

Colette. Also the first through third. And fifth. Then someone called about a wedding, then a half dozen Colette calls again.

I don't get many calls on my cell phone, other than Colette.

6. What is your main ring tone on your phone?

It rings.

7. What shirt are you wearing?

A green and white striped shirt that is striped the wrong way.

8. Do you "label" yourself?

No, but Zoe likes to stick labels on me. Hurts pulling them off the legs, too.

9. Name brand of your shoes currently wearing?

No shoes. Shockingly, the sandals are Reeboks.

10. Do you prefer a bright or dark room?

Darker, but not too.

11. What did you have for breakfast?

Toast and PB.

12. Since question 12 is weirdly missing, make some shit up.

Give the toast and PB a few more hours....

13. What were you doing at midnight last night?

Probably the same.

14. What did your last text message you received on your cell phone say?

I know its dumb, but I look forward to picking you up Thursdays.

15. Do you ever click on pop ups or banenrs?

Nope.

16. What's an expression that you say a lot?

Okay.

17. Who told you they loved you last?

Nobody told me they loved me last. Nor has anyone said they loved me the best. Most people who love me don't speak in such absolutes. Instead they say things like "love you lots."

18. Last furry thing you touched?

Um....

19. How many hours a week do you work?

As many as I need to.

20. How many rolls of film do you need to get developed?

Zero.

21. Favourite age you have been so far?

Dunno. 18, probably. Back when I was young and healthy and could kick the ceiling in the hall at Briercrest.

22. Your worst enemy?

Magnus.

23. What is your current desk top picture?

A cool Illustration of a girl sitting and leaning against the wall from Design Chapel

24. What was the last thing you said to someone?

Something work related.

25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to go back in time and fix all your mistakes which would you choose?

I wrote a story about the latter, with the idea that no matter how much you want to change things, you can't, because this is the life you have. Having said that, I wouldn't mind going back in time and fixing my mistakes, one of which was to not have invested in Apple stock back in the day. Kill two birds with one stone, and all that rot.

Geosomin said...

How can something be striped the wrong way?
Stripes just "are" man.

Magnus said...

22. Your worst enemy? Magnus.

Hey!

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...