Thursday, June 15, 2006

Karma chameleon

"Karma (Sanskrit: कर्म from the root kṛ, "to do", [meaning deed] meaning action, effect, destiny) is a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause and effect. Karma is a sum of all that an individual has done, is currently doing and will do. The effects of all deeds actively create present and future experiences, thus making one responsible for one's own life, and the pain in others."


OK...
If there were ever an example of karma it was what has happened over the past day or so.
I returned the iPod to the nice girl who lost it and made her happy, doing the right thing.
Today on the way home my tire went flat and as I started to walk my bike home a nice couple stopped and said "flat tire? we can help" and proceeded to take off my wheel, change out the tube and pump it back up for me. AND a bike officer stopped by during this to be sure everything was OK.

I have seen both sides of just doing the right thing, and it IS indeed a good thing.
There is hope for the word...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If your underlying assumption of karma is true, then you shall be smitten in the near future for bringing up that horrible, horrible song.

No, you didn't write it. No, you didn't sing it. But you made reference to it, and that's enough.

Expect to be a toad in your next life, lady, spending your life getting licked by high school students thinking they might get a buzz on.....

Magnus said...

Yeah, and now I'm gunna have to back into therapy just for being reminded of it. Thanks Geo, may the karmic wheel turn just so...

Geosomin said...

TO every thing, turn turn turn...

Didn't mean to scar you for life. Sorry. But come on..Boy George is not that bad...he's like Mr. T. You just have to laugh because...well...what else is there to do?
When I was young it was one of the songs that my little girl friends and I used to dress up hidesously and then lipsynch too before dissolving into a fit of laughter. It's so bad it's...well, still bad, but it honestly popped into my head as I pedalled home. Odd really.

At least I didn't dare bring up horrible other Karma songs by Alecia Keys or the Black Eyed Peas...then you'd have a legit reason to send me letter bombs...

Magnus said...

At least Keys and the Peas weren't blasting me everywhere during my youth. Age seems to make it possible to avoid that sort of crap.
Much of the early 80's needs to be bundled up into a person forced into hard labour and flogged routinely for a very long time.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...