Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Muffin muffin muffin oh muffin muffin hey

Back at work after a long weekend of laziness, long walks and vegging. My uncle was up visiting from Georgia and he and his new liver are doing very well. My parents were down for the afternoon too and after a family shindig there was a lot of food and napping and even more eyedrops. J's eyes are amazing - he can see perfectly, but there's lots of different drops for post op care and he has to take it easy with them for a while as they're healing and feel itchy a lot when he overuses them (and the natural tear response is kind of suppressed right now). Apparently they may digress a bit as he heals but they are amazing right now - I hope they stay just the way they are.

I am currently eating a perfect muffin invention of mine. A pumpkin muffin. Yum. They have become an addiction at our house. So I must spread my addiction to these moist healthy yummy muffins around...

My Pumpkin Muffins
3/4 c sugar
1/4 c oil
2 eggs
3/4 c pumpkin puree
1/4 c water

Whisk these together well.

Mix in another bowl:
1 1/2 c flour
3/4 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1 t pumpkin pie spice (or 1/4 t each allspice and nutmeg and 1/2 t cinnamon)
Stir into the wet til just mixed and then stir in 1/3 c pumpkin seeds (raw unsalted) and bake at 375 for about 15-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.

Cool & devour with a steaming hot cup of integrity.
Me and my integrity are done our coffee break. Bye.

3 comments:

Magnus said...

How about prawn muffins?

Geosomin said...

Only if they can have chocolate sprinkles

Magnus said...

Okay, but I was just thinking of cranberry, chocolate chip, prawn muffins.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...