Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Boots of Pain

There's a little red spot on my toe today
It's a little bit bigger than yesterday
There's a bit of steel toe that's rubbing on my foot
Falling out of the front of my right winter boot

In the summer and fall I have these groovy shoes (they're my superstars)
They are comfy and bouncy and they're rainproof too (groovy superstars)
In the winter I'm stuck with ubercrappy boots (that always make me mad)
They're so beat up and tattered that they are kaput (really, they are bad)


Well I have stood here before with a big roll of tape
Trying to fix up my boots into a better shape
I am hoping that spring will come and end their rein
But it's my destiny to wear the Boots of Pain....

Well, there's a steel bit protruding down into my foot (my sore big right toe)
I've tried shuffling and hopping but it's just no good (my poor big red toe)
I have already patched the other heel and toe (in my crappy boots)
And now the front of the other one's about to go (stupid crappy boots)

Well I have stood here before with my roll of duct tape
Trying to fix up my boot into a painless shape
I keep hoping for spring to come and start it's rein
Cuz then I can destroy these bloody Boots of Pain

Well, there's a little red spot on my toe today
It's a little bit bigger than yesterdaaaaaaaaaay.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute. You write that, or pilfer it from somewhere?

Geosomin said...

I wrote it to stop myself from burning my winter boots. It started with singing "it's my destiny to wear the boots of pain" and just kind of grew from that over the morning as I worked. The boot are indeed so crappy and painful and once spring comes they *will* pay for all the pain tehy have caused me. I'm thinking of a fiery burial.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...