Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Things that make me smile


In a concerted effort to cheer myself up I've tried to try and make a list of things I like, or that make me happy, whenever I need to. Three per category once in a while to keep the old happy juices flowing...


songs that make me happy:

Staunton Lick by Lemon Jelly
Everythings not Lost by Coldplay
You'll Be Loved by Death Cab for Cutie

things that make me happy:

people who's eye's smile when they laugh
my Kitchen Aid mixer (it makes me food...good food)
Watching my cat hunt and conquer an evil sock ball

things I'm thankful for:

I have a home that I love, that isn't perfect
I am loved by someone more deeply than I could ever have wished for
There is music I love and I can listen to it whenever I want, at work, at home...or in my head.

Three nice things I will do soon:

Make my husband french toast for breakfast
Bring my coworker a cup of coffee and a muffin for no good reason
Play with my cat until he pants

Quotes that make me laugh:

"A smock is used to cover up good clothes when you're doing something messy, like painting or a vivisection. It isn't for going out on the town." - Squidgy Says

"It was me! I was the turkey all along!" - Gir

"I have dedicated my life to one goal: grafting badgers' heads onto children's bodies. It's slow work, but it's all in the little victories. One day..." -Pig on Wheels


Now, as the Bacon Queen, I have a command for you all. Go forth and make someone else smile. As a collective, we can do it - we can make the world a better place, or at least make someone smile.

No comments:

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...