Friday, January 27, 2006

An open letter to my cats

Yes you are cute.
Yes I love you both.
Yes I think it's great that you want to sit in my lap in the morning while I try and wake up and face the day.
The thing is, when I am doing exercises on the eliptical trainer and muscle training on the exercise ball I do not need your help. I realise you are both probably in better shape than I am but I am doing OK on my own, really. Pushups are not better when you sit on my back as I do them and I don't need howls of encouragement as I do my cardio. Staring at me from the top of the bookshelf just makes me nervous and I don't have the coordination to rub your belly when I am in the middle of doing situps. Biting my ankles as I stretch isn't very endearing either.

I tell you what.: Tomorrow is saturday. You can sit on my head as I sleep in and I'll give you wet food and let you sit my lap while I read...just let me exercise in peace all week and the weekends are yours.
Thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never, you belong to us woman.

Magnus said...

Ah cats... so utterly self-absorbed. Betty writes open letters to her cat, Vir.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...