Thursday, October 20, 2005

Lazy evening

I'm having the tail end of a lazy evening. Jay's out and I'm getting ready for sleep....but first, in my avoidance of sleep, my second entry in what I hope to be a monthly peek at my dull and tedious life:
_________
Current attire: Blue jeans. Purple long sleeved shirt. My black specs. Fuzzy slippers. Green belly ring. Cat in my lap (Geek).

Current mood: Inquisitive. I just got back from seeing a documentary on the schizophrenia LSD research done in Weyburn and Saskatoon in the 50's and 60's. Fascinating stuff...they were the first to presuppose a biochemical cause for the disease and isolated adrenachrome as a possible cause for some of the symptoms. They were also very succesful in using LSD together with therapy to cure alcohol addiction (50% success). Very cool stuff...science *is* cool you know

Current music: Nothing. Odd really, I usually have something playing. I wasn't planning on being on the computer for very long. I should be in bed.

Current annoyance: People who change their personal history to feel better about the way their life has gone and tell this made up stuff to their friends (even if they were thereall along). I've run into a few people doing this lately and I have to say it really bothers me...and saddens me too.

Current thing: Talking about how my Ed Grimley costume will look. ("It will be totally excellent I must say.."). Still looking for a triangle to complete it.

Current desktop picture: the "No Cat Farts" international logo

Current song in head: Philadelphia by Bruce Springsteen. Yes, yes I know I hate the song too. We just got the 6th Season of South Park and the first Episode "Jared has aids" has a part where Jered the Subway eating guy is walking sadly through the street and there is a mock of the Philadelphia song playing in the background...now I cannot for the life of me get it out of my head or figure out why that particular thing is even *in* there...I've found myself humming it all day. Seeing as I don't really know the words it's all that more wierder... I really don't like Springsteen. I think I'll have to listen to a little Lemon Jelly before I go to bed to banish it. Just typing this has brought it back to my head again. Actually my brain has been flip flopping back and forth between this and the Mario Brothers theme music (the old nintendo one). I have no explanations for *that* one...

Current book: Wings of Fate by Mercedes Lacky. Haven't read it in a few years. An old favorite first of a trilogy.

Current video in player: Dr. Who episodes on tape - "The Doctor Dances" to be specific.

Current DVD in player: First disc of Season 6 of South Park

Current refreshment: milk (warm)

Current worry: How am I ever going to unpack my new lab?

Current thought: Chinese people in space! Neat.
__________

Well goodnight. Me and my cats gotta go to sleep...the warm milk thing really does work.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3 comments:

Magnus said...

Current annoyance: People who change their personal history to feel better about the way their life has gone and tell this made up stuff to their friends (even if they were thereall along). I've run into a few people doing this lately and I have to say it really bothers me...and saddens me too."

Yes, I recall that time the Belgian Congo when we encountered that guy from Winnepeg. Remeber that one Heather? Man, the lies he spun about himself. After that we all went to Tibet and fought the three headed Yeti, as I recall.

Magnus said...

You have a green belly ring?

Geosomin said...

Ah, yes...that Yeti *was* quite a challenge as I recall. If only we'd had our ninja army back then we would have won the battle single handed. Ah, but i suppose hindsight is 20 20...

I do indeedy have a green belly ring...shhhh. It's the source of my secret powers - kinda like the green lantern's only with better powers: a giant green buddha with a big belly obey's my every whim...
Actually, there are many colors in my menagerie of belly bits...my favorite is silver and red with a circlet around shaped like a sun. What can I say? I like my belly. I can now spend hours contemplating my navel and not be mocked (well not as much).

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...